Monday, May 4, 2009

Vintage House & Home Advertisements

I spend a good amount of time scouring the internet for ads like these, so I thought this blog would be a good place to keep all my pictures together. My husband and I are about to move into a fabulous little ranch house that was built in 1956 and my goal is to restore it to its original glory. Luckily the house is a time capsule, with fantastic boomerang formica countertops, chrome and milk glass lighting, fold-up bamboo closet doors, a pink and gold medicine cabinet in the bathroom, a fully in-tact clothes line, and a backyard with a set of metal lounge chairs on a great little patio, complete with a tin roof. I can't wait to sit outside with a cocktail and listen to the rain on the metal roof. But I digress. These ads are meant to help me pick out paint colors and give me a heads up on what furniture and decorative items are must-haves.

Love these pinch-pleat drapes and the color scheme.


I'm not much for pink in the kitchen personally, but I love how imaginative they were in the 50's with their color choices.

The clean lines and modern look are what draw me to this time period.
"Simplify, simplify" --Henry David Thoreau

Love that red light.

No comments:

Post a Comment