Monday, May 25, 2009

IKEA Inspiration & Other Random Ideas

I have been really busy packing and cleaning for the move to the new house, so I apologize that I've fallen short of my daily blog goal. Today I was browsing around the internet looking for lighting ideas, and I found myself on the IKEA website. As per usual, I ended up in the fabric section and found these great curtains. I must share.

These are three separate panels. They suggested layering them to create a different effect...how cool would that look as a room divider???


The next one had me so excited I was exclaiming to my pets about it. I love birch trees and the woodsy look in general. I believe these were made for me!

I would also recommend picking up the June issue of Elle Decor. They did a spread (called "Country Club") on the weekend house of couple Dale Saylor and Joe Williamson in upstate New York. (Of course, this is not one of the stories they chose to feature on their website.) It is filled with delicious ideas that incorporate my love for the natural/scientific and Midcentury Modern decor. There are grain sack pillows, twisted root coffee tables, a gigantic antique globe, terrariums, real turtle shells on the wall, and my favorite, a rustic mudroom with a collection of old buckets and watering cans. Along with a stainless steel tripod lamp, Eames chair, nested end tables, and other clean line furniture. I really love how they combined a Midcentury Modern look with the found-treasure country natural look. Although for me personally, I would have leaned towards a more modern look with just a few of these rustic touches. The best part about this stylish couple is that they got all this great stuff the same way those of us that can't afford country homes do....on ebay, flea markets and the like. Very inspirational.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!



    Thanks for much for your nice post about our country home that was featured in Elle Decor this month. What great feedback!



    We also wanted to let you know that we are renovating a new house in upstate New York and are chronicling the pains and process on our own blog at:



    http://interioritycomplex.typepad.com/



    There is tons of video and photo content on everything we are going through with our new dream house.



    We'd love for you to check it out!



    Thanks again,

    Dale and Joe

    ReplyDelete